I think the mistake here is that you are overlaying something that has to fit very accurately against the border of the model image. So it's not that it shakes more, it's that the shaking is more visible.
In the book, "le monde des montagnes", for instance, the animation where animals pop out from behind a mountain is flimsy, because the animals have to stick perfectly against the shape of the mountains - which they don't.
In your case, if you just had the bird, the phenomenon would not be visible. I'm not sure what you can do in this particular case to avoid it: perhaps fade the overlaid image in the borders by diminishing its alpha. In the top left corner, as the overlay is black on a black marker, if the alpha was fading it would blend in seemlessly, and no shaking would be visible.
Hi thanks for your reply. It does make sense.... I'll try to avoid touching the edges. It is just a bit annoying, because it did work in an earlier version so it makes me wonder if perhaps i'm not taking the model's pictures in the right way. look at it here- http://vimeo.com/35756103
I'm not sure I see it well, in the second video the image also seems to be shaking a bit, doesn't it?
Did you re-capture the model image? Perhaps if you did it again, and the second time the light conditions weren't as good, the tracking isn't as good.
Also, I'm assuming you have a ROI file? if the ROI includes anything else than the model, the reliability of the tracking will also drop.
The third thing I can think about is if the lighting conditions changed heavily between the two tests you showed us. If the light is bad, some features of the model will not be as clear, and the program will have more trouble tracking them. This will especially happen if the light is too strong. If it's too dim, the camera will have a long aperture time, and the whole software will run at below 25fps.
thanks you are right it is also shaking in the first test but much less, the light could be the reasone. at most hours where I work there is no natural light, what kind of light setting would you recommend, you can see at the end of this film how my tripod+camera are set. I set it like that in order to get flat models. I've been having a lot of bening problems holding the paper in my hand thanks L
I think the mistake here is that you are overlaying something that has to fit very accurately against the border of the model image. So it's not that it shakes more, it's that the shaking is more visible.
ReplyDeleteIn the book, "le monde des montagnes", for instance, the animation where animals pop out from behind a mountain is flimsy, because the animals have to stick perfectly against the shape of the mountains - which they don't.
In your case, if you just had the bird, the phenomenon would not be visible. I'm not sure what you can do in this particular case to avoid it: perhaps fade the overlaid image in the borders by diminishing its alpha. In the top left corner, as the overlay is black on a black marker, if the alpha was fading it would blend in seemlessly, and no shaking would be visible.
Does this make sense to you?
Hi
Deletethanks for your reply. It does make sense.... I'll try to avoid touching the edges. It is just a bit annoying, because it did work in an earlier version so it makes me wonder if perhaps i'm not taking the model's pictures in the right way.
look at it here-
http://vimeo.com/35756103
I'm not sure I see it well, in the second video the image also seems to be shaking a bit, doesn't it?
DeleteDid you re-capture the model image? Perhaps if you did it again, and the second time the light conditions weren't as good, the tracking isn't as good.
Also, I'm assuming you have a ROI file? if the ROI includes anything else than the model, the reliability of the tracking will also drop.
The third thing I can think about is if the lighting conditions changed heavily between the two tests you showed us. If the light is bad, some features of the model will not be as clear, and the program will have more trouble tracking them. This will especially happen if the light is too strong. If it's too dim, the camera will have a long aperture time, and the whole software will run at below 25fps.
thanks
Deleteyou are right it is also shaking in the first test but much less, the light could be the reasone.
at most hours where I work there is no natural light, what kind of light setting would you recommend, you can see at the end of this film how my tripod+camera are set.
I set it like that in order to get flat models. I've been having a lot of bening problems holding the paper in my hand
thanks
L